Student assistant (m/f) – Smart Cities / Urban Economy Innovation
|Online seit|| |
11.07.2019 - 14:33
The Competence Team “Urban Economy Innovation” at the University of Stuttgart / Fraunhofer IAO is looking for committed students for our international smart cities project “MORGENSTADT GLOBAL SMART CITIES INITIATIVE: GLOBAL APPROACH- LOCAL SOLUTIONS”.
Smart and sustainable urban development is key to tackling some of the most urgent global challenges, such as climate change mitigation and adaptation and improved resource efficiency. However, approaches to sustainable urban development along sectoral lines have led to a divergent assessment of investment priorities and local needs. This initiative develops integrated strategies and roadmaps for sustainable urban development through “City Labs” in the selected pilot cities in India, Mexico and Peru.
- You will assist the management team of the Morgenstadt Global Smart Cities Initiative (https://www.morgenstadt.de/)
- You will support the activities of the "Morgenstadt Global Smart Cities Initiative" in India, Mexico, Peru, etc.
- Draft reports and presentations
- Prepare meetings and events
- Translate and crosscheck English/Spanish/German documents
- Support day-to-day business
What you should bring:
- Bachelor (or student) in a relevant discipline (City planning, Environmental Engineering, Technology Management, Business Administration, or similar)
- Fluent in English & German; Spanish is an asset;
- At least 60h/month for a duration of 6 months, extension desirable
- Quick learner, solution-oriented and pro-active mind-set
- Committed team player with strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office
What we can offer:
- Interdisciplinary, international and innovative working environment
- Be a “first mover” in the field of Smart Cities and Digital Transition
- Compensation according to public labor agreement (TV-L)
- Flexible working times
Tasks will be discussed and agreed based on the interests of the applicant.
Start: Immediately / after consultation
Herr Dr. Markus Schwegler
+49 711 9702314
Art der Beschäftigung
|Institut / Einrichtung|| |
Institut für Arbeitswissenschaft und Technologie IAT
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |
Donnerstag, 1. August 2019 - 23:59